THE VIRTUE OF PEACE
A gift is not a gift until a person has accepted it.
Wherever you are, you should be a peacemaker - at home, at school, on the playground, at basketball, in the cafeteria, in your neighborhood.
Do you contribute to conflict by encouraging others who are disturbing the peace?
- Do you say things that make people upset?
- Are you uncooperative at play?
- Do you think the rules are for everybody except you?
- Do you take a fair share of responsibility for chores at home?
Think of ways that YOU may be an INSTRUMENT of peace.
- Take turns
- Say only respectful words to one another
- Keep the rules
- Always cooperate
- Be responsible for your actions
- Always do your part at home and at school
- Never encourage those who are causing conflict
- When there is a problem, try to bring about a peaceful solution
- If the problem continues, seek appropriate help