Sister Catherine, SND is about to complete her 45th year as principal of Trinity School and is still going strong. Success has come to the school throughout Sister Catherine's tenure. The school has twice been honored as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education.
Recent milestones under Sister Catherine's leadership include:
- The building of St. Julie Hall - the Middle School building
- Implementation of the Julie Program - for children with mild to moderate learning differences
- Opening of the Preschool - for 3 and 4 year old children
- Additional extracurricular activities - Band, Cross Country, Track, Girls on the Run, Middle School clubs
- Expanded Technology Program - STEM classes, iPad Program, Campus WiFi
- Maryland State Green School Award
- Healthy Howard Gold Award
Sister Catherine returned to Maryvale as principal of the lower school and later became principal of St. Ursula School in Parkville. In 1970 she was selected by the order to become principal of Trinity School. Trinity School was only 29 years old at the time Sister Catherine became the principal. She has touched thousands of lives in her years at Trinity School. Sister Catherine says, "My main joy, and what motivates me, is the children." When students, alum, parents, and faculty think of Trinity School they picture Sister Catherine.
Click here to listen to a special song written for Sister Catherine, celebrating her years at Trinity School. Special thanks to Trinity faculty member, Aileen Stauffer and band member, Ron Valenzia of Breaking 12 for sharing the song. Click here to access more songs from Breaking 12.